Monday, November 28, 2011

Nov. 28, 2011

Recently I’ve been working on implementing AC2001 as and MAC.  The implementation of AC2001 went fairly smoothly especially since I had already implemented AC1 and AC3 previously this semester.  I had a few debugging problem most of which came from confusion about when to I was adding arcs to the queue. I tested my implementation of AC2001 on about 15 instances (including the 3,4,5,6-queens problems and a few different instances of the zebra problem).  The next step was implementing MAC (Maintaining Arc Consistency) with my currently implemented forward checking algorithm.  At first it seemed simple: run FC and if it does not fail form a queue with all constraints between the future variables and run AC2001.  This task has been a lot more challenging than I expected.   I currently have the algorithm working  correctly for finding one solution both with dynamic and static ordering.  I’ve noticed that in comparison to FC and FCCBJ, MAC seems to have quite a few more consistency checks but less nodes visited, backtracks, and CPU time.  Right now I am working on finding all solutions.

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment